It happens all the time, you want to be Prince Vaughn Pierre so you get the clothes that only he can afford, but all you have are rappers who do not know how to pronounce names teaching you them. Our good friends at the Crosby Press wrote a great article on 11 high fashion brands you "think" you know how to pronounce, but more likely sound really foolish for saying. Check our favorite 3 below and hit the link to read the article in full.
- Wrong: BALL-mane
- Right: BALL-mahn
- Who was most offended when you f**ked it up? Hypebeasts who only started wearing the brand’s paneled jeans after Kanye did (but they don’t know how to say it, either.)
Dries Van Noten
- Wrong: drise-VAN-notin’; driss-van-NUH-ten
- Right: DREES-van-KNOW-tin
- Who was most offended when you f**ked it up? Some intern at VFILES who is probably going to have my job pretty soon because she is the coolest, most deep-cut coutwhore I’ve never met.
- Wrong: vair-SASE; vur-SAH-chee
- Right: ver-SAH-chay
- Who was most offended when you f**ked it up? Drake & Migos, who made it virtually exist for any non-deaf-person to f**k this up.